Building your house is our privilege and responsibility. You are entrusting us with your time, money, and the eventual result that you’ve been dreaming about. We do not take that lightly. In building your dream together our goal is to pair our expertise with your vision. To do that, we follow a specific process for understanding what you want in a home and executing in a clearly defined, and timely manner.
From our first meeting with you, to a complete build, here is the process we follow:
- Initial Meeting
We find out where you are in the process up to this point.
- Do you own land already?
- What’s the address?
- How big of a house do you want?
- What style
- We discuss building costs and square foot prices.
- Timelines (and relating factors) are determined
If after this meeting, you want to move forward, we move on to the next step.
2. Second Meeting and/or Walk-Through
- Schedule a time to do a walkthrough of your land if you already own property
- If you don’t have land yet, then we’ll work on sketching
- Talk about financing options.
After this second meeting, we should have a good sense of square footage, style, and where we’ll build on your land. The next step is to sign a contract.
3. Sign a Contract: Professional Services Agreement.
Professional Services Agreement is a complete document that gives both parties a detailed plan for everything we need to get going to break ground. Topics Include:
- Preparing the land for the build
- Steps to bring in utilities to the land
- Will you be using septic or sewer?
- Determining tap fees
- Requirements for digging the foundation
- Designing the plans
- Considerations for engineering
- Line item budget – Know what the price will really be with
detailedbreakdown of every item of the project
4. Send plans to the building department.
- This could take 4-8 weeks depending on the county
- When approved, we are ready to build!
Building Phase Timeline
- Foundation – 4 to 6 weeks
- Framing – 6 to 12 weeks
- Electrical, Plumbing, & Roofing – 4 weeks
- Insulation – 1 week
- Finish process – 16-17 weeks
we build every house like it’s our own. if you would like to talk about your dreams of building a new home, we’d love to hear from you.